Daniel Bolger is a retired Lieutenant General of the United States Army. A graduate of the Citadel, Lt. General Bolger earned five bronze stars during his time in the military. He served as the commander of several units, including the 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, Texas, as well as the NATO Training Mission in Afghanistan. He earned a Ph.D. in military history form the University of Chicago and currently teaches at North Carolina State University.
- 02:04 - Introduction
- 03:15 - Why Maurice Rose?
- 06:30 - What we know about Rose
- 10:39 - Rose's Motivations and relentless leadership
- 12:31 - Tank divisions in World War II
- 17:14 - Tank warfare following D-Day and maneuvering through the bocages
- 22:29 - Rose's command in the Battle of the Falaise Pocket
- 27:06 - Exhaustion and perseverance during battle
- 29:55 - What it takes to be a successful commander
- 34:07 - The final months of the War for Rose
- 40:09 - Leadership in today's forces
Recorded August 27, 2021