Associate Producer, Podcast
Nebulous Podcasts is a new podcasting company looking for a Contract-to-Hire associate producer for our first mini-series and general programming.
The Associate Producer will assist in all attributes of production where needed. This includes but is not limited to research, recording, logistics coordination, scheduling, software setup, editing, and sound design (sourcing). We're looking for someone who's passionate about podcasting and looking for a role that will give them firsthand experience with producing professional podcasts. On paper, the responsibilities of this role are meant for someone in their first or second job - but you'll be in almost every conversation and your ideas will be evaluated on merit. You'll also have autonomy to be evaluated how you see fit.
What You'll Do:
- Booking & scheduling - guests, interviews, etc.
- Researching, writing, & interview prep
- Recording interviews & basic sound design
- Developing and pitching stories
- Using software like Audacity or Descript to edit
- Write show notes
- Publish episodes
- Liason with external stakeholders like advertisers
- Rudimentary reporting
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years experience producing or editing podcasts, video, or digital media
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and relentless
- Passionate about podcasts
- Experience using Audacity, Descript, or similar editng software. Or ability to learn quickly
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Hired Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation
Attach a resume and a few sentences on why you think you're the right fit. Include the job title.Back to Careers